Serves as liaison between member and the Credit Union. Provides account information, opens new accounts, handles member's daily credit union needs. Performs routine transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfer and check cashing. Interviews loan applicants and processes applications. Gathers background information and analyzes credit history.
This position requires the employee to be service-oriented, self-motivated, and to be able to perform a variety of tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cross-sells a wide array of credit union products including loan products, deposit products, and electronic services such as CUAnywhere and online banking.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and member balances. Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance with Advancial policies and procedures.
- Receives and applies payments to Advancial loans, credit card payments and cash advances.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of loan products for effective cross-selling. Actively assists in loan process such as pulling credit reports, and ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy. This includes data entry of member information into Credit Union system as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of lending procedures, Credit Union guidelines, Lending Software, and the benefits and features of all loan products.
- Processes loans and responds to loan questions.
- Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Opens new accounts including; checking, certificates, money markets and IRA accounts. Verifies eligibility for new account and processes through ChexSystems prior to opening new accounts. Processes check orders for members.
- Responsible for correcting all new account exceptions or transactional errors under Teller Number.
- Provides account information and handle member's daily credit union needs. Provides a variety of transaction services to members in the branch and by phone such as balance inquiry, transfer of funds, history information, stop payments or photocopy of check(s), etc. This includes researching and resolving member concerns.
- Processes and balances bond redemptions when necessary.
- Must be willing to work at least two Saturday shifts per month.
- Prepares daily checks received for deposit. This includes balancing, scanning checks, posting general ledgers.
- Makes copies and files correspondence and other records on a daily basis.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as assisting in monitoring supplies and end of day and end of month audit procedures.
- Opens and closes the branch as needed.
The salary for this position starts at $41,454.40/yr and based on relevant experience. This position has a $1500 sign-on bonus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent; with one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Cash handling experience is a requirement.
Advancial Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Advancial Federal Credit Union participates in the Electronic Employment Verification process. Please click here for more information.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please complete the form below. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please complete this form.